I was reading this list and thought I should post my own:
- Knit at least 2/3 of 2009 projects from my stash. Either get around to knitting the stuff I originally intended the stash yarn or find new projects. Get creative to make it work--dye yarn, combine yarns, etc. Only purchase new yarn for projects I intend to start immediately. And finish that stash inventory!
- Knit at least one original design in 2009. I've been thinking and posting about this for awhile now. I have lots of ideas, I need to act on them.
- Knit more for others. I'm a pretty selfish knitter, but I'm trying to do better. I'm working on a glorious Noro scarf for my sweetie, a pair of socks for one of my best friends, and a couple of pairs of mittens for Baltimore school children as part of an effort coordinated by this lovely shop.
- Finish projects. No more UFO pile. Like stash, I have no room for it and it's a drag. I need to continue eliminating the abandoned projects I have on hand (Placed Cable Aran and Transition Gloves were started over a year ago and just recently picked up again).
- Consider re-purposing finished projects that don't see much wear. There's a lot of good yarn tied up in projects that don't fit or hang properly--what's the point of that?
- Finally, I want to update my blog more frequently. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but I would like to post at least once a week.
In general, I plan to disengage the automatic pilot a bit more this coming year and make better and more deliberate choices.
I wish you all a healthy, happy 2009 with lots of fun knitting for all!